Thursday, September 9, 2010

Victoria & Albert Museum


Known as the V&A, this museum is claimed to be the world’s greatest museum of art and design. I didn’t make it through the entire museum and only visited a few rooms due to time. The small portion that I did see was the cast and ceramics gallery. Replicas of the world’s most famous altarpieces, doors, crucifixes, and sculptures filtered the rooms. My favorite work that I saw was the Well of Moses. It could have been my favorite that day because we were just reading about Northern European art in Humanities earlier that day. Moses (with his odd horns) and five other biblical prophets surround the outside of the well. A museum like the V&A is at times overwhelming because there are so many things of importance to see. It is much easier to take it slowly and know that you’ll be back to visit again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment