Monday, November 8, 2010

Philharmonia Orchestra


We were surprised with tickets to the Philharmonia Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall on a random weeknight. It was a great surprise because we had all been talking about attending a concert of classical music. Our professors are more aware than we think at times ;) Besides that we have a few music field studies for our humanities class that could be completed with the performance. I loved it. The performance was dedicated to one of the orchestra’s old conductors. Some of his works were played along with those of Mozart, Dvorak, Handel, and Janacek. The symphonic orchestra performance was a little taste of baroque, classical, romantic, and folklore. I loved the concert and arrangements so much that I put some of the music onto my I pod. Yes, I now rock the Mozart while running or on the tube. 


No comments:

Post a Comment