Friday, October 29, 2010

Darent Valley Walk in Kent


England has many splendid walking paths. The old stake president of my ward in London, President Chitock, took a bunch of us on a country walk on the Darent Valley path in Kent (about 60 miles SE of London). The beauty of the Darent Valley has inspired generations of artists and writers eager to capture the essence of this classic English countryside with its rolling hills, luxuriant meadows and picturesque riverside villages. We stopped at one of the country farms on our walk. I ate the best tasting apple that I have ever had along with pure apple juice freshly made from the orchard. My taste buds will never be the same. All of the pumpkins and squash that had just been harvested made me feel more of the autumn spirit. It was a fantastic midweek outing.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment