Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Louvre

The Mona Lisa

From the view on top of the Eiffel Tower the Louvre was one of the largest buildings. It is crazy because the majority of the Louvre is underground. People say that the Louvre can be done in a three week time period and all the recognizable, retainable information still wouldn’t seep in. I totally believe that now. It was a bit overwhelming because I knew there were so many things I’d really enjoy to see or learn about, but I definitely had to pick and choose. I did see the Mona Lisa though! Besides what people have said about it being under-rated, I thought it was pretty cool. My other favorite painting was one that we had to see for our humanities class. It’s called St. Joseph with Little Boy Jesus. Hopefully I’ll come back to the Louvre some day to be able to bask in the thousands of pieces of art that I didn’t get to see. As for what I did get to see, I am so grateful that I even got to go to the Louvre and experience it. 
The Louvre


No comments:

Post a Comment