Thursday, October 14, 2010

Musee Rodin



This museum was unique because the location of the displayed art was a beautiful home and fabulous surrounding gardens. I appreciate painting and artwork on canvas, but there is something special about sculpture that I appreciate. Creating the 3D form of anything takes a lot of skill and difficulty in my mind.  The entire museum was to showcase the work of Auguste Rodin (my favorite sculptor). I can’t identify many sculptures, but I enjoy his subjects of work. 
The Waltz

One of my favorite Rodin pieces of mine is, The Waltz. The couple dancing together in true love and tenderness. It’s very romantic and was intended to be that way. Rodin has many other sculptures that show the passion and burning love between man and women. I find them very moving and emotion provoking.  


The Thinker

The most identifiable sculpture of Rodin’s is The Thinker (or The Thinking Man). It’s a great depiction of a man in deep thought. I like the intellectual side of Rodin that shows through in this specific sculpture. This sculpture was originally called the poet and was going to be a man thinking of his next composition. The current name later developed as it changed function and location.

No comments:

Post a Comment