Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food in France

Baguette for Lunch

The great thing about traveling is that you can allow yourself to eat whatever you’d like because it’s considered a part of the cultural experience. Besides you must enjoy all aspects of exploration. In France, it is definitely a part of the experience and I did not hold back.

The bread in France was delightful. The corner bakeries and cafes all have little sandwiches called baguettes. We figured that the term came because they place them in bags for you to eat. I was in love and had one each day for lunch. We couldn’t leave France with out eating a croissant. Before we left the country we all bought bags hoping to save some for later. My intent was good to save one for later, but I couldn’t help myself and they were gone in a few minutes. They seemed to melt in my mouth, that’s how wonderful they tasted.

The little town of Amiens that we stayed in for a couple of days was the place where macaroon cookies were invented. They are a different taste than the macaroon cookies I am used to, but they were delicious. 
My Crepe: Honey Almond
Lisa & Olivia's Crepe: Nutella, Banana, and Ice Cream

The final thing that France provided to our food success was the Crepes. creperies were to be found all over Paris. They weren’t just average crepes that you could find anywhere. They were thick, flavorful, sweet tasting crepes. I would order a Nutella & banana/strawberries or a honey and almond crepe. Both were delectable. To sum up this post, I was pleasantly satisfied with the cultural experience of food in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment